Features Smarter savings
- No minimum deposit to open
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Unlimited deposits and ATM withdrawals, and up to 6 additional transactions
- Earn a higher rate than most money market accounts
- Deposit checks remotely with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Grow your money faster with interest compounded daily
- Your deposits are insured by the FDIC up to the maximum allowed by law. Maximize your coverage
- Protect your legacy. Open this account for a Trust. Learn more
Want to know more? Download our Straight Talk Product Guide
Everything you need and want from a bank
Rates Get more for your money
We offer rates that are consistently competitive.
See how we compare
Estimate your earnings
|Annual Percentage Yield||Estimated Earnings for 1 Year||Estimated Total Savings|
What we're showing you
Our Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of 8/21/2014 . Keep in mind, this rate is variable and may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.
Fees No surprises
The most common services and transactions are free with Ally.
- Monthly maintenance fees $0
- ACH transfers to your non-Ally account $0
- Visa® Debit Card $0
- Statement copies online $0
- Incoming wires (domestic & international) $0
The following services and transactions are available for a fee:
Up to 1% of the transaction
|Excessive transaction(s) fee||$10.00 per transaction|
Outgoing wires (domestic only)
|$25.00 per hour|
Ally Bank It's good to be different
We’re an online bank, which means we don't have physical bank locations. By eliminating the costs associated with traditional brick-and-mortar banks, we can offer great rates and outstanding customer care.
With Ally Bank, you get everything you expect from a traditional bank and more:
- Peace of mind. No hidden fees. No maintenance fees. No minimum balance required
- Make deposits. Deposit checks with Ally eCheck Deposit℠ or ACH transfers
- Move money. Transfer funds between your Ally and non-Ally accounts
- Get cash. Use any ATM nationwide at no charge from Ally, and we reimburse other banks' ATM fees. Find an ATM
- Keep track. Access your account anytime, anywhere with Ally Online & Mobile Banking
Learn more about the benefits and conveniences of Ally Bank.
Live customer care
Use any ATM nationwide with no fee from Ally.
We reimburse other banks' ATM fees
"Best Online Bank" 3 Years in a Row
MONEY® Magazine 2011, 2012, 2013
Customer Reviews Don't just take our word for it
FAQs We have answers
Can I deposit cash?
No. We don't accept cash deposits. However, there are several ways you can make a deposit into your account.
Was this helpful?
- Remote check deposit with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Online transfers and direct deposit
- Wire transfers and mail
How do I add money to my account?
There are several ways you can add money to your account:
Was this helpful?
- Transfer funds between your Ally Bank accounts
- Transfer funds between your Ally Bank and non-Ally Bank accounts
- Remotely deposit checks with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Set up direct deposit (PDF)
- Send a wire transfer (PDF)
Mail checks to:
P.O. Box 13625
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3625
Make sure checks are properly endorsed on the back with "For Deposit Only" and the signatures of all payees. Please don't send cash.
When will I receive my new debit card or checks?
Your free debit card and initial check order will arrive in the mail within 10 business days after we receive your opening deposit. If you re-order free Ally standard checks we'll send you a secure email asking you to confirm your address. Once your address is confirmed, your checks should arrive in 10 business days.Was this helpful?
What is the difference between an Online Savings Account and Money Market Account?
The main difference is in how you access your money. A money market account gives you more access because you can be issued a Visa® Debit Card and checks for these accounts. An online savings account does not support the use of checks and does not come with a debit card.
It's important to note that there are Federal limits on transactions from U.S. savings and money market accounts.
You can always call us and request a check made out to you. You can also make unlimited deposits and ATM withdrawals. But, Federal law limits other electronic, telephone and check transactions to a total of 6 per statement cycle. These limited transactions can be to other accounts or to a third party. If you go over the limit we charge $10 per transaction.Was this helpful?
What's the difference between an Interest Checking Account and a Money Market Account?
Both accounts give you easy access to your money and a competitive interest rate on your balance.
Federal regulations limit the number of transactions (transfers or withdrawals) you can make from a Money Market Account to just six per monthly statement period. While you will receive checks and a debit card for those transactions, you won't have access to the free online bill pay service that comes with an Interest Checking Account. Remember, deposits are always unlimited and don't count towards your six transaction limit.
With our Interest Checking Account, there's no limit on the number of transactions you can make. You'll also get the convenience of our online bill pay service for free. And as your checking balance grows, you could earn a higher interest rate.Was this helpful?
Still have questions? Visit our Help Center