Maximized earnings. Maximized flexibility.
- No minimum deposit to open
- Get the best rate we offer for your CD term with the Ally Ten Day Best Rate Guarantee
- Daily compounded interest for maximum earnings
- View your account on the go with Mobile Banking
- FDIC insured to the maximum allowed by law. Maximize your coverage
- Automatic renewal at maturity
- Want a no penalty early withdrawal? We'll hand over your full balance and interest any time after the first 6 days of funding your CD
- Ally's No Penalty CD rate is accurate as of 6/10/2013. See rates
The Ally Difference
- You don't have to jump through hoops for an early withdrawal. Some banks require advance written notice and make you deposit withdrawal funds into another one of their accounts. We don't.
- With our Ally Ten Day Best Rate Guarantee, you get the option of a higher rate. Most banks offer only one—the one you get the day you fund.
- We grow your money faster by compounding interest daily. Many others compound monthly, quarterly, or even annually.
- We don't require a minimum deposit to open your account. Most banks do. Always be sure to check their fine print before choosing the right product for you.
Frequently asked questions
Can I withdraw money from my No Penalty Certificate of Deposit before it matures?Yes, you can withdraw your money 6 days after funding — and anytime thereafter — and you won't be charged a penalty. Just remember, if you do make an early withdrawal it must be for the full balance plus all interest earned.
How do I withdraw money early from a No Penalty Certificate of Deposit?We make it easy for you to receive your funds if and when you need to. Just let us know by phone, online chat, or regular mail.
What is the minimum deposit for an Ally Certificate of Deposit?
What are the current rates on certificates of deposit?
What types of certificates of deposit do you offer?
We offer three types: a High Yield Certificate of Deposit with terms of 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 36, and 60 months; 2 year and 4 year Raise Your Rate Certificate of Deposit that let you raise your rate during your term if our rates go up; and a No Penalty Certificate of Deposit with an 11 month term that has no early withdrawal penalty.
Can I make additional deposits to a Certificate of Deposit (CD)?
No. Additional deposits cannot be made during the term (initial and renewals) of any of our certificate of deposit options. However, once the certificate of deposit matures, you have the opportunity to deposit additional funds and roll over the CD into a new term during the 10 day grace period, starting with the maturity date.
How do I receive my money when my Certificate of Deposit (CD) matures?
We make it easy for you to receive your funds. Just let us know by phone, chat, or regular mail before your certificate of deposit matures. You also have a grace period of 10 days starting with the maturity date to make a withdrawal without being charged a penalty. If you don't let us know you want to receive your funds, we will automatically renew your certificate of deposit. Please do not send your maturity request via secure email — just call us and we'll be happy to help.
Will I be penalized for an early withdrawal from my Certificate of Deposit (CD) before it reaches maturity?
For all Ally CDs, except the No Penalty CD, you will be charged an early withdrawal penalty equal to 60 days' interest if you withdraw your money before the CD matures. This penalty is calculated using the interest method detailed in your Deposit Agreement, and is first deducted from the interest and then—if necessary—the principal. For our Raise Your Rate CD, the penalty is calculated using the interest rate in effect on your account on the day you request the early withdrawal.
There are a couple of exceptions: We will waive the early withdrawal penalty if the depositor should pass away or be judged legally incompetent.
Are there any fees to open or maintain a certificate of deposit?There are no fees to open or obtain the APY on a certificate of deposit.
How do I open a certificate of deposit?
There are three ways:
- Online: Submit an application online at allybank.com
- Phone: Call us at 877-247-ALLY (2559)
- Mail: Download the application that's right for you and mail it to the address on the application