ALLY + MONOPOLY® GAME
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN, OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
The Ally + MONOPOLY® Game (“Promotion”) is sponsored by Ally Financial Inc. (“Sponsor”), Ally Detroit Center, 500 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48226.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on October 19, 2019 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on October 28, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Promotion Period”). Due to the nature of this Promotion, participation may be limited or restricted during certain hours of the day or due to weather conditions. Note that during evening hours or at night, due to the lack of light, an entrant’s camera may be unable to access the technology necessary to check in on a square as set forth below. Sponsor is not responsible if Entrant is not able to participate due lack of visibility/day light and/or weather conditions. The Promotion consists of instant win games and sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules. The Administrator’s computer is the Promotion’s official clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Anomaly, m ss ng p eces, the independent agency administering this Promotion (“Administrator”), and any of their respective owners, parent companies, affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, advertising, promotion and production agencies, agents (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws apply. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or Administrator. For purposes of the Promotion, an Entrant’s e-mail address will be the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Entrants will not be allowed to change their e-mail address. If it is discovered or suspected that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register for the Promotion using multiple e-mail addresses or multiple identities, all of that Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void and any prize an Entrant might have been entitled to win will not be awarded and may be revoked. Use of any automated system or any like methods to participate in the Promotion is prohibited and will result in disqualification of any Entrant attempting such use.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
A. Registration. An Entrant must first register before participating in the Promotion. To register for the Promotion, during the Promotion Period, an eligible entrant ("Entrant") must visit PlayAlly.com/NYC (for New York Entrants), PlayAlly.com/CHI (for Chicago Entrants), PlayAlly.com/SEA (for Seattle Entrants), PlayAlly.com/DAL (for Dallas Entrants), PlayAlly.com/CLT (for Charlotte Entrants) or PlayAlly.com/DET (for Detroit Entrants) (collectively, the "Website"), enter his/her valid e-mail address and check the box confirming that he/she is a legal resident of the 50 US/DC, at least 18 years of age, and agrees to these Official Rules. Each square, set forth below, will have its city’s Website URL printed on the square and the Entrant will be required to enter using the Website URL. By registering for the Promotion, each Entrant agrees to receive future game and marketing communications from Ally and Administrator. Each Entrant returning to the Website that has successfully completed registration will only be required to enter his/her valid e-mail address upon subsequent visits.
B. Property Squares. During the Promotion Period, there will be three (3) Property Squares, defined below, in each of the following cities: New York City, New York; Chicago, Illinois; Seattle, Washington; Dallas, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Detroit, Michigan (each, a “City”, collectively, the “Cities”). A “Property Square” is a large vinyl tile that is affixed to the ground. It will resemble a property square from the board game MONOPOLY®. Property Squares will be located in the Cities. For example, there may be a Property Square in Chicago, Illinois labeled “Illinois Avenue.” Illinois Avenue will only be in Chicago and will not be in any other City. Entrants will receive hints on the Website, social media and elsewhere as to the location of each Property Square. Once an Entrant determines where a Property Square is located, he/she must go to that location in the applicable City, visit the Website using his/her mobile device (which is equipped with a camera) (the “Mobile Device”), enter his/her email address used during registration, grant permission to the Website to access the camera on the mobile device and the Entrant’s location, and follow the instructions on the Website to scan a square (the “Geolocation Process”) and then watch the animation play. Once an Entrant finds all three (3) Property Squares in a City during the Promotion Period, he/she will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Drawing for the City corresponding to the Property Squares that he/she found, as defined below (a “Property Square Entry”) for a chance to win the Grand Prize as defined in Section 6Bi. Limit: One (1) Property Square Entry per Entrant per City during the Promotion Period. Entrants may submit a Property Square Entry in more than one City.
IMPORTANT: Message and data rates may apply. Not all wireless providers carry the service necessary to participate in Promotion. Entrants should consult their wireless providers’ pricing plans.
C. Property Square Instant Win. During the Promotion Period, if an Entrant enters the Promotion from a Property Square as set forth in Section 3B of these Official Rules, he/she will receive one (1) “Property Square Game Play” for a chance to win a “Property Square Instant Win Prize” defined in Section 6aii.
D. Go Square Instant Win. During the Promotion Period, there will be one (1) Go Square, defined below, in each City. The Website, social media platforms and elsewhere will provide hints as to the location of the “Go Square.” A “Go Square” is a large vinyl tile that is affixed to the ground. It will resemble the Go square from the board game MONOPOLY®. Once an Entrant determines where the Go Square is located, he/she must go to that location in the applicable City, visit the Website using his/her Mobile Device and follow the Geolocation Process (a “Go Square Game Play”). There is a limit of one (1) Go Square Game Play per Calendar Day during the Promotion Period until an Entrant wins a Go Square Instant Prize. If an Entrant wins a Go Square Instant Prize, subsequent Go Square Game Plays will be void. For purposes of this Promotion, a calendar day begins at 12:00 AM ET and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET each day during the Promotion Period except on October 19, 2019 when the calendar day will begin at 9:00 AM ET and end at 11:59:59 PM ET (a “Calendar Day”). Each Go Square Game Play submitted by an Entrant results in an opportunity for that Entrant to win a Go Square Instant Prize as set forth in Section 6Ai.
E. Chance: Giant Game Piece. During the Promotion Period, there will be one (1) Chance: Giant Game Piece, defined below, in each City. There will be hints provided on the Website, social media platforms and elsewhere as to the location of the “Chance: Giant Game Piece.” Chance: Giant Game Pieces are large temporary structures built to resemble the token pieces in the board game MONOPOLY®. Once an Entrant determines where the Chance: Giant Game Piece is located, he/she must go to that location in the applicable City. The Entrant must then post a photograph of the Chance: Giant Game Piece on his/her Instagram® or Twitter® account along with the hashtags #AllyMonopoly and #sweepstakes, and @mention Ally (a “Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry per social media platform per Calendar Day during the Promotion Period. An Entrant who successfully completes a Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry will be entered into the drawing for a chance to receive a Chance: Giant Game Piece Prize as set forth in Section 6Bii.
An entry into the Chance: Giant Game Piece will only be valid for the Calendar Day in which it was entered and will not be valid for any future Calendar Days.
An Entrant must have a public Twitter or Instagram account to enter the Chance: Giant Game Piece portion of the Promotion and maintain such public account for at least three (3) days after the Promotion Period ends to be eligible to win/claim a prize for potential winner notification purposes. Due to the way Twitter and Instagram operate their services, Sponsor may not receive a Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry from Twitter or Instagram users with "protected" updates (i.e., an Entrant has set his/her account so that only people the Entrant has approved can view his/her updates). NOTE: For Instagram, the photograph must be a new Instagram post. Placing the hashtags on an existing Instagram photograph posted prior to the start of the Promotion Period will not be considered a valid Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Chance: Giant Game Piece Entries that do not comply with the above terms or the guidelines and requirements (“Entry Guidelines and Requirements”) as set forth below.
Each Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry:
- Must be in English;
- Must include the hashtags #AllyMonopoly and #sweepstakes, and @mention Ally;
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights (whether living or deceased), including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights;
- Must not contain any links or URLs;
- Must have approval from any persons (if minors, approval from their parent or legal guardian) appearing in the Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry and the Entrant must be able to provide express written consent of every such person appearing in the Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry to Sponsor and/or Administrator if requested;
- Must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Promotion;
- Must not include any personally identifiable information of any person, such as full name, address or phone number;
- Must be the sole, exclusive and original work of the Entrant and must not contain images or artwork, quotes, parodies or other materials not created by Entrant (Instagram filters are permitted);
- Must not in any way contain any logos, brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor or its affiliates;
- Must not have been submitted previously in any promotion of any kind;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that is fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, misleading, disparaging, slanderous or libelous;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of firearms/weapons/ammunition, any illegal drugs, prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, violence, unsafe or dangerous activities, any political agenda or message, or the use of alcohol or tobacco products;
- the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenges or seek to overthrow any government;
- Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way;
- racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age; and
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry is created.
NOTE: If any Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry fails to comply with any of these Entry Guidelines and Requirements or any other provisions of these Rules, Sponsor/Administrator reserves the right to disqualify the Entrant from this Promotion or any part thereof.
Sponsor grants Entrants a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to use Sponsor’s or any of its affiliate’s name, product, trademarks and logos (collectively, “Sponsor’s IP”) for the sole purpose of participating in this Promotion. Entrants are not permitted to make any further use of Sponsor’s IP for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, Entrants recognize that all rights, title, and interest in Sponsor’s IP shall remain exclusively with the Sponsor, and each Entrant agrees that he or she has not and will not take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title or interest in and to the Sponsor’s IP except for the limited license granted to Entrant in these Rules is transferred or created. Each Entrant further acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor’s IP rights are valid and enforceable, and that Entrant shall do nothing to challenge the validity or enforceability of Sponsor’s IP in any forum. Entrants agree that the use of Sponsor’s IP is permitted only for the purpose of making an Entry in this Promotion, and that any use of Sponsor’s IP (whether in the Entry or otherwise) beyond this scope infringes the rights of Sponsor and will result in irreparable harm to Sponsor.
Each Entrant retains ownership of his/her Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry. Each Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor and its affiliated companies and designated agents a non- exclusive, transferable, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free, unconditional, fully paid license and right (a) to post and to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of the Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry and any materials provided by the Entrant with the Entrant’s Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry or otherwise through the Promotion (“Entrant Materials”), (b) to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly), or license the Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry and Entrant Materials (and derivative works thereof), and (c) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including, without limitation, the right to sublicense to further third parties. Additionally, each Entrant consents to the use of the name, Instagram account name, Twitter handle, statements, photographs, videos, voice recordings and likenesses of himself/herself and any other person appearing in the Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry and Entrant Materials for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the Promotion.
If requested, each Entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights such Entrant is granting to use the Chance: Giant Game Piece Entry and Entrant Materials.
F. Free Parking. During the Promotion Period, there will be one (1) Free Parking Square, defined below, in each City. The Website, social media and elsewhere will provide hints as to the location of the “Free Parking Square.” A “Free Parking Square” is a large vinyl tile that is affixed to the ground. It will resemble the Free Parking square from the board game MONOPOLY®. Once an Entrant determines where the Free Parking Square is located, he/she must go to that location in the applicable City, logon to the Website using his/her Mobile Device, follow the Geolocation Process and play a game whereby he/she will continue to roll a dice online until the dice rolls doubles, which will occur after the first, second or third rolls (a “Free Parking Square Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) Free Parking Entry per Calendar Day during the Promotion Period. An Entrant who submits a Free Parking Square Entry will be entered into the Vehicle Prize Sweepstakes for a chance to win the Vehicle Prize defined in Section 6Biii. All Entrants will enter one single prize pool for a chance to win the Vehicle Prize regardless of the Entrant’s location.
- G. Online Game. During the Promotion Period an Entrant may go to the Website and play a game (the “Online Game”). The Online Game is a daily scavenger hunt in which Entrants will be prompted to find hidden MONOPOLY® items in an illustrated world on a 2-minute game clock. Entrants will be able to search the illustration using zoom, their keyboard and their mouse to find the hidden items. Upon finding the hidden items, Entrants will be asked for their email addresses to be entered into the drawing for the Online Game Daily Prizes and the Online Game Grand Prize, as defined in Section 6Biv. The hidden items will change each Calendar Day during the Promotion Period. If an Entrant does not find the hidden items within two (2) minutes, he/she will have the ability to continue to play again until he/she finds the hidden items.
An entry into the Online Game for the Online Game Daily Prize will only be valid for the Calendar Day in which it was entered and will not be valid for any future Calendar Days. All entries into the Online Game will be valid for the Online Game Grand Prize drawing.
- 4. INSTANT WIN GAMES. The Property Square Game Play and Go Squares Game Play are each referred to as an “Instant Win Game Play” or collectively referred to as “Instant Win Game Plays.” The Go Squares Instant Win Prize and the Property Square Instant Win Prize are each referred to as an “Instant Win Prize” or collectively referred to as “Instant Win Prizes.”
- After an Entrant completes an Instant Win Game Play, he/she will receive an on-screen notification as to whether he/she is a potential “Instant Winner” (“Notification”) of an Instant Win Prize.
- An Entrant is not a winner of any Instant Win Prize, even if the Notification should so indicate, unless and until Entrant’s eligibility and the potential winning Instant Win Game Play have been verified and Entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. In the event the system for selecting Instant Win Prize Winners fails for any reason, any Game Play that occurs after such failure will be deemed a defective play, will be void, and will not be honored. Entrant will be deemed a potential winners subject to verification of the Entrant’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- A potential Property Square Instant Winner will receive the Property Square Instant Win Prize digitally within one (1) day of Notification in an email sent to the email address provided by the Entrant during registration. The e-mail will contain a code that he/she must use to redeem his/her Property Square Prize.
- A potential Go Square Instant Winner will receive an e-mail containing a link to an online “Redemption Portal” where each Go Square Instant Winner will be required to login using the “Verification Pin” code provided in the e-mail and register to redeem the applicable Go Square Instant Win Prize by entering the following information: e-mail address, his/her complete first and last name, street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, ZIP Code, telephone number, date of birth, and by clicking the box stating that he/she agrees to these Official Rules (the “Redemption Portal Process”).
5. RANDOM SWEEPSTAKES DRAWINGS:
A. Grand Prize Drawings (1 Grand Prize Per City). On or about October 29, 2019, Administrator will randomly select six (6) potential “Grand Prize Winners,” one (1) from each City, from among all eligible Property Squares Entries for each City received during the Promotion Period.
- B. Chance: Giant Game Piece Drawing Prize (2 Chance: Giant Game Piece Prizes per Calendar Day per city, no more than 120 Chance: Giant Game Piece Drawing Prizes.) Each Calendar Day during the Promotion Period, the Administrator will randomly select two (2) winners from each City from among all eligible Chance: Giant Game Piece Entries received during that Calendar Day. Twelve (12) winners will be selected per Calendar Day during the Promotion Period for a total of not more than one hundred twenty (120) winners. Note that if there are not enough Chance: Giant Game Piece Entries for a Calendar Day, then the remaining Chance: Giant Game Piece Prizes will roll over to the next Calendar Day and there will be additional winners drawn on that next Calendar Day. For the Chance: Giant Game Piece Prizes that are awarded for the last Calendar Day of the Promotion Period, if there any unawarded Chance: Giant Game Piece Prizes from previous Calendar Days, those Chance: Giant Game Piece Prizes may be awarded on this final Calendar Day.
- C. Vehicle Prize Drawings. On or about October 29, 2019, Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential “Vehicle Prize Winner” from among all eligible Free Parking Square Entries received during the Promotion Period.
- D. Online Game Sweepstakes Prize Drawings. Each Calendar Day during the Promotion Period, Administrator will randomly select fifteen (15) potential “Online Game Daily Prize Winners” from all eligible Online Game Entries received during that Calendar Day. On or about October 29, 2019, Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential “Online Game Grand Prize Winner” from among all eligible Online Game Entries received during the Promotion Period. The total number of Online Game Daily Prize winners will not exceed one hundred fifty (150) and there will be one (1) Online Game Grand Prize Winner.
- 6. PRIZES, ODDS OF WINNING, AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
- A. Instant Win Prizes:
i. Property Square Instant Win Prize (250 Property Square Instant Win Prizes Per Calendar Day Per City During the Promotion Period, no more than 15,000 Property Square Instant Win Prizes.) Each Property Square Instant Win Prize is a digital code that acts as a Fifteen Dollar ($15) Uber Gift Card. The Property Squares Instant Winner only needs to provide the digital code to Uber to receive the gift card value. No physical card will be awarded, just a digital code. The ARV of each Property Squares Instant Win Prize is Fifteen Dollars ($15). The ARV for all Property Square Instant Win Prizes is Two Hundred Twenty-five Thousand Dollars ($225,000). No more than Fifteen Thousand (15,000) Property Square Instant Win Prizes will be awarded.
ii. Go Square Instant Win Prize (15 Go Square Instant Win Prizes Per Calendar Day Per City During the Promotion Period, no more than 900 Go Square Instant Win Prizes.) Each Go Square Instant Win Prize is Two Hundred Dollars ($200) paid to the winner. The ARV of each Go Square Instant Win Prize is Two Hundred Dollars ($200). The ARV for all Go Square Instant Win Prizes is One Hundred Eighty Thousand Dollars ($180,000). No more than 900 Go Square Instant Win Prizes will be awarded.
- B. Sweepstakes Prizes:
i. Grand Prize (6 – 1 for each City): Each Grand Prize is Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000) paid to each Grand Prize Winner plus Sixteen Thousand Dollars ($16,000) for each Grand Prize Winner to pay his/her taxes on the Grand Prize. The ARV of each Grand Prize is Sixty-six Thousand Dollars ($66,000). The total ARV for all Grand Prizes is Three Hundred Ninety-six Thousand Dollars ($396,000). No more than six (6) Grand Prizes, one (1) for each City, will be awarded.
ii, Chance: Giant Game Piece Prize (120 Chance: Giant Game Piece Prize, 12 Prize Per Calendar Day) The Chance: Giant Game Piece Prizes are set forth below. The ARV for each Chance: Giant Game Piece Prize is Five Hundred Dollars ($500).
- A. Calendar Days 1 and 6 of the Promotion: An electric scooter
- B. Calendar Days 2 and 7 of the Promotion: Noise cancelling headphones
- C. Calendar Days 3 and 8 of the Promotion: Turntable
- D. Calendar Days 4 and 9 of the Promotion: Wireless speaker
- E. Calendar Days 5 and 10 of the Promotion: Smartwatch and Sport Band
In lieu of an item set forth above, the Chance: Giant Game Piece Prize Winner may elect to receive Five Hundred ($500). The Winner may not receive both an item and cash. The ARV of all Chance: Giant Game Piece Prizes is Sixty Thousand Dollars ($60,000.00). No more than one hundred twenty (120) Chance: Giant Game Piece Prizes will be awarded.
iii. Vehicle Prize (One (1) Vehicle Prize only): The Vehicle Prize will be a Jeep® Wrangler with an MSRP of up to Forty Thousand Dollars ($40,000) plus Thirteen Thousand Dollars ($13,000) for the Vehicle Prize Winner to pay his/her taxes on the Vehicle Prize. The Vehicle Prize will include an Ally Premier Protection, Major Guard vehicle service contract with a term of 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first (“Service Contract”). The Vehicle Prize includes the additional expenses associated with acceptance of the Vehicle Prize including vehicle sales tax, registration fees, title fees, and additional charges assessed by the dealer, if any, in connection with delivery or receipt of the Vehicle Prize (“Additional Fees”). The Vehicle Prize Winner is solely responsible for any ongoing annual costs of using the vehicle (e.g. insurance, property taxes, gas, etc.).
The ARV of the Vehicle Prize is approximately Fifty-eight Thousand Dollars ($58,000), which represents the value of the Vehicle Prize plus the value of the Additional Fees. The Additional Fees will vary and will be calculated at the time the Vehicle Prize Winner takes delivery of the Vehicle Prize, which could affect the ultimate retail value of the Vehicle Prize. In lieu of receiving a vehicle and Service Contract, the Vehicle Prize Winner may elect when completing his/her Affidavit, as set forth in Section 7, to receive cash in the amount of Forty Thousand Dollars ($40,000) plus Thirteen Thousand Dollars ($13,000) for the Vehicle Prize Winner to pay his/her taxes (“Vehicle Cash Prize”). Note that the Vehicle Prize Winner may not receive a vehicle/Service Contract and the Vehicle Cash Prize. The Service Contract and Additional Fees are not redeemable or cancellable (as applicable) for cash value. The ARV of the Vehicle Cash Prize is Fifty-three Thousand Dollars ($53,000).
With respect to the Vehicle Prize, the Vehicle Prize Winner must be a licensed driver or motor vehicle operator and will be required to produce evidence of a valid driver license and insurance certificate prior to tendering of the vehicle to the Vehicle Prize Winner. The actual style, model, make, color, design and features of the Vehicle Prize may vary from any depictions of it in the Promotion materials. The applicable prize provider will determine the style, model, make, color, design and features, including but not limited to interior and exterior features. Vehicle Prize winner will take delivery of the Vehicle Prize at a dealership (selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) near the Vehicle Prize Winner’s address as set forth in the Affidavit as defined in Section 7, subject to Sponsor’s approval, within 120 days.
The Vehicle Prize Winner must take possession of the Vehicle Prize within 30 days of availability. No more than (1) Vehicle Prize or Vehicle Cash Prize will be awarded.
iv. Online Game Prizes (One Hundred Fifty (150) Online Game Daily Prize only, One (1) Online Game Grand Prize only): Each Online Game Daily Prize is Five Hundred Dollars ($500) paid to each Online Game Daily Prize Winner. The ARV of all Online Game Daily Prize s is Seventy-five Thousand Dollars ($75,000.00). No more than one hundred fifty (150) Online Game Daily Prize s will be awarded. The Online Game Grand Prize is Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000) paid to the Online Game Grand Prize winner plus Sixteen Thousand Dollars ($16,000) for the winner to pay his/her taxes on the Grand Prize. The ARV of the Online Game Grand Prize is Sixty-six Thousand Dollars ($66,000). No more than one (1) Online Game Grand Prize will be awarded
- C. Total ARV: The total ARV of all available prizes in the Promotion is up to One Million Sixty Thousand Dollars ($1,060,000.00).
- D. Odds of Winning an Instant Win Prize. The odds of winning an Instant Win Prize depend on when the Entrant completes an Instant Win Game Play. Instant Win Prizes will be made available at random times throughout the Promotion Period. To be a potential winner of an Instant Win Prize, an Entrant’s Instant Win Game Play must have occurred at the exact randomly predetermined winning time as determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator. If an Instant Win Game Play does not occur at the exact randomly predetermined winning time, then the next Entrant’s Game Play to occur after that time will be deemed a potential Instant Win Prize winner. The number of Instant Win Prizes available to be won will decrease during the Promotion Period as prizes are awarded and claimed.
- E. Odds of Winning a Sweepstakes: The odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Property Squares Entries for each City received during the Promotion Period. The odds of winning the Vehicle Prize depend on the total number of all eligible Free Parking Entries received during the Promotion Period. The odds of winning an Online Game Daily Prize depends on the total number of all eligible Online Game Entries received during the Promotion Period. The odds of winning an Online Game Grand Prize depends on the total number of all eligible Online Game Entries received during the Promotion Period.
- F. Limits: There is a limit of one (1) Property Square Instant Win Prize per Property Square per City per Entrant (overall limit of eighteen (18) Property Square Instant Win Prizes per Entrant). There is a limit of one (1) Go Square Instant Win Prize per Entrant. For the Chance: Giant Game Piece portion of the Promotion, there is a limit of one (1) Chance: Giant Game Piece Prize per social media platform per Entrant (an Entrant may win no more than one (1) Chance: Giant Game Piece Prize on Twitter and no more than one (1) Chance: Giant Game Piece Prize on Instagram for the entire Promotion Period). There is no limit on the number of Sweepstakes Prizes an Entrant may win.
- G. General Prize Restrictions: Uber Gift Cards ("GCs") cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods. For complete terms and conditions, for Uber Gift Cards see https://www.uber.com/legal/payments/gift-cards/en-us/. The use of GCs is subject to the terms and conditions set forth theron which shall govern the use of the GCs. Use of a GC constitutes the user's acceptance of the terms and conditions so the winners should read the terms and conditions on the GC carefully. GCs will not be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without the winner’s permission and will be voided if altered or defaced.
- 7. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: After the random drawings set forth in Section 5, Administrator will notify each potential winner via e-mail at the e-mail address provided at the time of registration. For the Chance: Giant Game Piece Prize Winners, each Winner will be notified by private message on Twitter or Instagram depending upon where the winning entry was selected and will redeem the Chance: Giant Game Piece Prize through the Redemption Portal. Before being declared the winner of a Grand Prize, Vehicle Prize or Online Game Grand Prize, the potential winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and tax acknowledgment and a background check authorization (“Affidavit”). The potential winners must return a fully executed and notarized Affidavit to the Sponsor or its authorized designee within ten (10) days from the date it is postmarked as being sent or the prize may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) be forfeited.
Each of the one hundred fifty (150) potential Online Game Daily Prize Winners will receive an e-mail containing a link to an online “Redemption Portal” where he/she will be required to login using the “Verification Pin” code provided in the email. He/she will need to complete the Redemption Portal Process.
Note that the Redemption Portal will close sixty (60) days after the end of the Promotion Period.
The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any prize winner based on the results of the background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to the potential winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any other of the Promotion Entities.
All potential prize winners may be requested to provide additional documentation for verification purposes. If a potential sweepstakes prize winner or a potential Instant Prize winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or in the event that the potential winner fails to provide any requested documentation or an executed and notarized Affidavit within the ten (10) calendar day deadline (if applicable), the prize may be forfeited. If a prize is forfeited, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries (or non-winning Instant Game Plays), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize may not be re-awarded. Except for the Vehicle Prize, physical prizes will be mailed to verified winners at the street address provided in the Affidavit or on the Redemption Portal within approximately 6 to 8 weeks from the end of the Promotion. Each winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for any prize won. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC to each winner whose prize is or combined prizes are valued at $600 or more.
Sponsor will attempt to notify each potential winner as set forth above, but Sponsor is not responsible for any undelivered e-mails, including without limitation e-mails that are not received because of a winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Promotion e-mail, including any winner notification e-mail, to a spam or junk folder. Prizes that are unclaimed, unredeemed, or returned as undeliverable will not be awarded. The right to receive a prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize or force majeure, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Promotion Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the prize for any reason.
8. COMMUNITY CHEST: During the Promotion Period, there will be one (1) Community Chest square, defined below, in each City. A “Community Chest Square” is a large vinyl tile that is affixed to the ground and resembles a community chest square from the board game MONOPOLY®. The Website, social media and elsewhere will provide hints as to the location of the Community Chest Square. Once an Entrant determines where the Community Chest Square is located, he/she must go to that location in the applicable City, visit the Website using his/her Mobile Device and follow the Geolocation Process. Each Entrant may participate in the Community Chest Square portion of the Promotion one (1) time per Calendar Day during the Promotion Period. At the end of the Promotion Period, the Sponsor will make a donation to Junior Achievement for that City (the “Charity”). The City with the most Community Chest Square “check-ins”/participation will receive Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000) for its Charity and the remaining five (5) Cities will each receive Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000) for its Charity. The donations will be made by the Sponsor alone. An Entrant may be able to see a leaderboard for each City’s Charity during the Promotion. No prize will be awarded to any Entrant and no Entrant will be required or allowed to make any contribution to a City’s Charity through this Promotion.
- 9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Promotion entrants agree that the Promotion Entities, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) along with Twitter, Instagram, Hasbro and FCA US LLC are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable e-mail notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Website/use net accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information; or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Website or any Promotion-related website(s). The Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to Entrants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Promotion and/or accepting or using a prize. The Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by any automated computer, program, mechanism or device, for any entries in excess of the stated limit or for entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or proceed with the Promotion, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of the winners from among eligible Game Plays/Sweepstakes entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winners. If for any reason, including but not limited to an administrative, printing, production, computer or other error or due to technical difficulties or incorrect announcements of any kind, more winning messages are distributed, or more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Official Rules, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified prize claims received.
- By entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Promotion, including but not limited to any Promotion-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s Game Plays/Sweepstakes entries, participation or inability to participate in the Promotion, (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Promotion materials, (d) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Promotion, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of any Game Play/Sweepstakes entry (including, without limitation, the registration information or any parts thereof), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access the Promotion, the Website or any other Promotion-related websites or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) equipment used to access the Promotion and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Promotion, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, (o) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), or (p) the negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Twitter or Instagram platforms, or Twitter or Instagram functionalities, that may interfere with the Promotion (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use Twitter or Instagram for the Promotion as set forth herein) or ability of entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via Twitter or Instagram, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Promotion.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND PRIZE COMPONENTS, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- 10. DISPUTES: THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE WAYNE COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN WAYNE COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR PROMOTION ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE PROMOTION PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- 12. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assigns and licensees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Licensees”) the right to use the Entrant’s name, likeness, voice, biographical information and/or statements attributed to the Entrant (“Personality Rights”), in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, including without limitation via Sponsor’s and third-party websites and social media and digital channels, for commercial purposes and any other purposes (including without limitation advertising and promotion), without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- 13. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered or suspected in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion that an entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple e-mail addresses, accounts, multiple identities, proxy servers or like methods, all of that entrant’s Game Plays/Sweepstakes entries will be declared null and void, and that entrant will be ineligible to win a prize. Also, if it is discovered that any entrant attempts to receive additional Game Plays/Sweepstakes entries in excess of the stated limitation, that entrant may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified from the Promotion. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning Game Play/Sweepstakes entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the registration form associated with such Game Play/Sweepstakes entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e- mail address. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Promotion. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third- party or like methods to participate in the Promotion will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s interpretation of these Official Rules is final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All Game Plays/Sweepstakes entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Promotion details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- 14. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope to: Ally + MONOPOLY® Game - Winners List Request, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Winners List requests must be received by December 31, 2019
Customer Service inquiries may be made at Contact Us.
© 2019, Ally Financial Inc. All rights reserved.
This Promotion is in no way affiliated with Twitter, Inc., Instagram, LLC, Hasbro or FCA US LLC. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Instagram is a registered trademark of Instagram, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
The MONOPOLY® name and logo, the distinctive design of the game board, the four corner squares, the MR. MONOPOLY® name and character, as well as each of the distinctive elements of the board and playing pieces are trademarks of Hasbro for its property trading game and game equipment. ©1935, 2019 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. Licensed by Hasbro.
Hasbro does not collect or receive any Entrant information in connection with this Promotion. Each Entrant specifically agrees to release Hasbro from any and all liability associated with this Promotion.
Jeep® and Wrangler are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC. All rights reserved. FCA US LLC does not collect or receive any Entrant information in connection with this Promotion. Each Entrant specifically agrees to release FCA US LLC from any and all liability associated with this Promotion.