Whether you're looking to open a new savings account or just want to make sure you're getting the best savings interest rates you can find for accounts you've already opened, it's easy to get accurate, unbiased information—fast. One way is to go to a website like Bankrate.com, that gathers rates from around the country, making it easy to comparison shop.
And it's so simple, even an inexperienced Internet user can get online and find the best savings interest rates:
- Go to Bankrate.com.
- Click on "compare rates" at the top of the page.
- Select "checking and savings."
In addition to giving you rates from dozens of banks, it will also tell you the national average, so you can compare.
You can also set up "RSS" ("Really Simple Syndication") information feeds (look for a button that says "subscribe"—usually next to the Facebook and Twitter icons on your favorite news pages) to subscribe to news stories about the best savings interest rates.
Ally Bank Can Help.
At Ally Bank, we offer several ways to stay on top of market conditions. Among them:
- If your account has not had activity for a certain amount of time, we tell you ways your money could be doing more—even if it means recommending you switch to another account, such as our No Penalty CD, to earn higher interest rates.
- When you investigate any product on our site, we offer a "compare" button, so you can see how our interest rates stack up against our major competitors’.
- We also provide a service called Sleeping Money Alerts: If you have a Money Market or Online Savings account, we'll send you email reminders to let you know when your money could be working harder.
Of course, rates and annual percentage yield aren't the only reason to open a savings account. That's why we have no monthly maintenance fees, no minimum balance to open and live customer support. Learn more at Allybank.com or call live, 24/7 customer care at 877-247-ALLY (2559) today.