When you’re going through a time of economic uncertainty, you want to put your cash in a secure, accessible location. A money market account can be a good place to put cash for any number of needs, but what about money market account rates—can you earn a decent rate of interest in these accounts? Of course, that depends on your definition of "decent." Perhaps a better question would be, "where can you find the best money market account rates?" Earning the most interest you can, after all, is an important financial principle. But it's also important to look at the account as a whole—not all money market accounts are the same, just as not all banks are the same.
Online banks like Ally Bank don't have the operational costs associated with physical branch offices, so they can pass that savings on to the customer in the form of great rates. With an Ally Bank Money Market Account, you earn a variable rate that's consistently among the most competitive in the country according to Bankrate.com, plus:
- No minimum deposit to open.
- No monthly maintenance fees.
- Free debit card and free standard checks.
- Use any Allpoint no-fee ATM—plus receive up to $10 reimbursement for fees charged at other ATMs nationwide each statement cycle.
- Daily compounded interest for maximum earnings.
- FDIC insurance on your deposits up to the maximum allowed by law.
Learn more at Allybank.com or call live, 24/7 customer care at 877-247-ALLY (2559).
Ally Bank, member FDIC