Big announcements abound in Detroit as the 2015 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) gets underway. Ally Auto is an official sponsor of the event, which is known as the premier showcase of automotive style, technology and innovation. Here are highlights of some of the biggest news to come out of the show’s Press Preview days.
The Ford F-150 was named the North American Truck/Utility of the Year, beating out the Chevrolet Colorado and the Lincoln MKC, while Car of the Year went to the Volkswagen Golf. This marks the 22nd year for the awards, which were decided by a panel of 57 journalists from newspapers, broadcast, magazines and websites.
Here’s a quick list of some of the many new vehicles that premiered at this year’s NAIAS:
- Ford F-150 Raptor
- Ford GT high-performance supercar
- Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid
- Chevrolet Bolt full-electric vehicle (EV) concept car
- Nissan Titan XD pickup
- Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe
- Acura NSX supercar
- Audi 2016 Q7 SUV
- Toyota 2016 Tacoma mid-size pickup truck
- Infiniti Q60 concept vehicle
- Cadillac CTS-V high-performance vehicle
- Lexus GS F