Online bank accounts have become increasingly popular, as more people discover the benefits they provide. If you're looking to open a bank account online, Ally Bank offers a variety of accounts that are easy to open and manage.
Advantages of an Online Bank Account
At Ally Bank, we don't maintain physical branch locations. Instead, you can bank with us directly on our website, through the mail or over the phone.
That makes it easier for us to pass savings along to customers in the form of great rates and reasonable fees on our savings accounts, checking accounts and CDs. We also don't charge ATM fees nationwide, and we'll reimburse you for ATM fees other banks charge, nationwide.
Plus, when you open a bank account online with Ally Bank, you can check and manage your account on our website 24/7. Having practically up-to-the-minute information about your account can help you stay on top of your finances anywhere, anytime.
How to Open a Bank Account Online
Opening a bank account online with Ally Bank is simple and straightforward.
- Find the Right Account - First, it's important to decide which accounts are right for you. Ally Bank offers Online Savings Accounts, CDs, IRAs and Interest Checking Accounts. You can learn about the differences among these accounts on our website.
- Open the Account - Once you've decided which account or accounts you'd like to open, click "open account" on our website. You'll be asked to fill out information in the following sections:
- Get Started - Choose "new customer" or "existing customer," or if you've already started an application, choose that option.
- Select a Product - Enter the information for the account you'd like to open.
- Enter Your Information Select either Individual or Joint Account. Then fill in your personal information.
- Create Account - To complete your application online, we need your consent to electronically provide account information that includes the required disclosures and other information related to your account(s) (Ally Bank Account Information). Once you've read and agreed to the information, check the box and click "submit application."
- Make Opening Deposit - Select the amount of money you'd like to transfer into your Ally Bank account(s). You will also select which existing account you'd like to transfer your deposit from.
- Enroll in Online Banking - Create your login and username so you can access your Ally Bank account 24/7.
- Log in to Your Account - Once you've set up your account, you can log in to our website. Once logged in, you can review your account, transfer funds and manage your money.
How Customer Service Can Help
We work hard to make it easy to open a bank account online, so if you have questions, or simply prefer to speak to someone, you can either chat with a live Ally Bank representative anytime, 24/7 from our website, or even call us anytime, 24/7 at 1-877-247-ALLY (2559). An Ally Bank representative can help walk you through opening a bank account online, or help you to open your account over the phone.