At Ally, we’re doing things differently. We’re providing a comprehensive and unmatched product suite to automotive dealers. We’re changing the banking landscape with a straightforward approach and 24/7 customer service. And most importantly, we’re building a new kind of financial services company – one that starts and ends with the customer. At Ally, our promise is in our name.
Each day we work hard to live up to the very definition of our name. We offer innovative products and services through our auto financing, dealer services, online banking and corporate finance businesses.
Ally began in 1919 as a captive finance subsidiary. Since then, we’ve evolved into an independent, market-driven company that is philosophically and operationally centered on delivering the best value to our customers. Our long history fuels our passion to innovate and LEAD.
Today, Ally Financial is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top online banking franchise. Our emphasis is the same today as it was nearly 100 years ago – provide best-in-class service and comprehensive, innovative and unmatched product offerings to our customers.
Auto Finance Facts
- We serve the financial needs of approximately 16,000 dealers in the U.S. and approximately 4 million of their retail customers.
- We are one of the largest providers of automotive financing in the U.S., funding one out of every 18 new vehicles financed during 2013.
- We have sold more than 4.2 million vehicles through SmartAuction, the industry’s leading wholesale internet auction, since 2000, with roughly 17,500 vehicles listed daily in 2013.
Ally Bank Facts
- We launched Ally Bank (Member FDIC) in 2009 to provide customers with a straightforward approach to banking.
- We’ve been named "Best Online Bank" by MONEY® Magazine three years in a row.
- Our customer base continues to grow, with approximately 784,000 customers.
- Our customer satisfaction score has consistently remained over 90%.