Ask a question
Alerts & Notifications FAQs
Why do you send me an alert when I make a transfer?
We send you an alert after certain account activities – just so you'll know what's happening with your account.
For example, if a transfer was made in error, you will know about it and be able to correct it quickly.Was this helpful?
What alerts and notifications are available from Ally?
There are two ways to get alerts and notifications from us: automatically or through a subscription.
Get automatic alerts and notifications just for having an Ally account.
- Your CD is up for renewal
- Your latest statement is available
- You have a Customer Service message waiting in Online Banking
- Your transfer is processing
- A new transfer account was added
- A new Payee was added
- A payment was completed
- There was a problem with a payment or transfer
- A new account was opened
- Your ID or password was changed
- Security Alerts if there have been multiple unsuccessful log-in attempts for your account
Sign up for these alerts and notifications from Ally:
Was this helpful?
- Balance Notification
- Deposit Notification
- Overdraft Alert
- Overdraft Transfer Alert
What is the difference between security alerts and secure email?
We will send you security alerts to notify you of unsuccessful login attempts or password changes, or if we notice suspicious activity on your account.
These alerts can come to you by email, but they are not the same as secure email.
Secure email is a way for you to contact us through Ally Online Banking if you have a specific question about your account.
Simply log in to your account and to go secure email. It's as easy as sending an email from a personal email account—only we make sure that your information is kept secure.Was this helpful?