Sometimes you just want to take matters into your own hands, especially when it comes to your money. After all, you know your capacity for risk and your long-term financial goals better than anyone else.
If this rings true to you, a D.I.Y. investing approach could be just what your portfolio needs. But if you’re hesitant because you don’t want to waste hours trying to figure out a complicated trading website or spend a significant portion of hard-earned money-making trades — know you are not alone.
A survey found that about 61 percent of adults say they hesitate to invest because of the risk of a potential stock market crash. And 72 percent of millennials worry about a crash, even though they have much more time to make up for any losses.
Here are five ways our self-directed trading platform makes a hands-on approach to investing as accessible and hassle-free as possible.
1. Everything you need to trade, all in one place.
Investing opportunities shouldn’t be difficult to find, and the tools you need to make smart investing decisions should be right at your fingertips. With the Ally Invest platform, you can:
- View streaming charts with drawing tools to analyze the performance of stocks, ETFs, and indices.
- Create custom watchlists to stay on top of market data.
- Better understand a trade’s potential with profit/loss graphs.
- Use our probability calculator to understand the likelihood of hitting your investing targets.
- Get access to market stats, news, and metrics on the companies you care about.
- Save time with the customizable Quote & Trade Ticket, which allows you to trade stocks and options with just a click or a tap.
2. Trade anywhere.
Not at home? Not a problem. Our web and mobile apps allow you to remain securely connected to the stock market from any device, so you’re fully in control of your trades — no matter where you are. And you can easily access both your investing and banking accounts with one login, making it super simple to see all of your account assets in one place.
3. Create a completely customized approach.
With lots of choices to choose from, you can craft a portfolio you’re comfortable with. Take your pick of:
4. We’ll reimburse you for transfer fees.
Perhaps all this sounds great, but you’re currently conducting your trading on a different platform. It shouldn’t cost you an arm and a leg to make a move, so we’ll reimburse you up to $75 in transfer fees when you make a one-time transfer of $2,500 or more.
5. Get help whenever you need it.
We aim to make the investing experience simple and transparent. But you never know when you’ll have a question, so we have specialists available from 7 a.m.–10 p.m. EST 7 days a week just in case you need us.
If you’re ready to take investing into your own hands, we’re here to help you do it right. Tell us how we can make your investing experience a good one in the comments below.