Information provided by Ally Invest, including information about commission-free ETFs, is for educational purposes only and isn’t a recommendation or investment advice
- Commission-free ETFs offered by Ally Invest Securities are available when placed online in an Ally Invest Securities self-directed brokerage account
- Ally Invest Securities may require a minimum balance to be eligible to purchase commission-free ETFs
- Other fees may apply for trade orders placed by phone
- Ally Invest Securities reserves the right to change the ETFs made available commission-free
- Ally Invest Securities receives compensation from certain ETF sponsors and/or their affiliates that participate in the Ally Invest Securities commission-free ETF program , which varies with the ETF sponsor and can be asset based or a fixed fee per ETF
Before investing in any exchange-traded product, you should consider its investment objective, risks, charges and expenses, as there may be more suitable ETFs for you that aren’t on the commission-free platform. Ally Invest’s commission-free ETF program is a limited offering and no recommendations are intended or provided by the inclusion or exclusion of any ETF on the list.
30-day holding period for commission-free ETFs
Ally Invest Securities’ commission-free ETFs are subject to a holding period with any purchase that extends through the following 30 calendar days. An account owner must hold all shares of a commission-free ETF position for a minimum of 30 calendar days without selling to avoid a short-term trading fee of $9.90 per transaction. There’s no limit to the number of purchases in the holding period. Any order to sell within 30 calendar days of last purchase (Last In, First Out) will cause an account owner's account to be assessed a short-term trading fee of $9.90 for the buy and the sell transactions: $4.95 for the buy transaction and $4.95 for the sell transaction.
What it means
The day of purchase is considered Day 0, and Day 1 begins the day after the date of purchase. The short-term trading fee may be applicable to each purchase of each commission-free ETF where such commission-free ETF is sold during the 30-day holding period. The short-term trading fee may be more than applicable standard commissions ETFs that aren’t commission-free.
We’re available 24/7 if you have questions
Give us a call at 1-855-880-2559 if you’d like a copy of the commission-free ETFs prospectus, which includes important features and facts about this type of security to help you make an informed investing decision. We recommend you read it carefully before investing.
You should also review the Ally Invest Securities’ Exchange Traded Products Risks disclosure document for information about ETFs and ETNs.