Features Smart savings for your retirement
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Grow your money faster with interest compounded daily
- Get the best rate we offer on the day you open or fund your IRA when you fund within 90 days
- Available for Roth, SEP and Traditional IRAs. Find the IRA for you
- Flexible funding options, including rollover to Roth and Traditional IRAs
- Your deposits are insured by the FDIC up to the maximum allowed by law. Maximize your coverage
Want to know more? Download our Straight Talk Product Guide
Managing your account is easy
Earn a higher rate than traditional IRA savings accounts.
Rates Get more for your money
We offer rates that are consistently competitive.
See how we compare
Estimate your earnings
|Annual Percentage Yield||Estimated Earnings for 1 Year||Estimated Total Savings|
What we're showing you
Our Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of 1/25/2015 . Keep in mind, this rate is variable and may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.
The IRS may tax withdrawals; please consult your tax professional.
Fees No surprises
The most common services and transactions are free with Ally Bank.
- Monthly maintenance fees $0
- ACH transfers to your non-Ally Bank account $0
- Statement copies online $0
- Unlimited deposits $0
- Incoming wires (domestic & international) $0
- Postage-paid deposit envelopes $0
- Official / cashier's checks $0
The following services and transactions are available for a fee:
$10.00 per transaction
|Outgoing wires (domestic only)|
|Account research fee||$25.00 per hour|
Ally Bank It's good to be different
We’re an online bank, which means we don’t have physical bank locations. By eliminating the costs associated with traditional brick-and-mortar banks, we can offer great rates and outstanding customer care.
With Ally Bank, you get everything you expect from a traditional bank and more:
- Peace of mind. No hidden fees. No maintenance fees. No minimum balance required
- Make deposits. Deposit checks with Ally eCheck Deposit℠ or ACH transfers
- Keep track. Access your account anytime, anywhere with online and mobile banking
Learn more about the benefits and conveniences of Ally Bank.
Live customer care
"Best Online Bank" 3 Years in a Row
MONEY® Magazine 2011, 2012, 2013
FAQs We have answers
How do I make a withdrawal from my IRA Online Savings Account?
Because the online savings account is part of your IRA with Ally, you will need to request a distribution. To do this, you can either log in to online banking and complete the distribution request, call us at 877-247-ALLY (2559) 24/7, or complete and mail in the Distribution Form. Please remember that federal law limits the number of withdrawals and transfers from all U.S. savings and money market accounts to 6 per statement cycle. Unfortunately, you will be charged $10 for each transaction that exceeds this limit. If you exceed this limit on more than an occasional basis, we may be required to close your IRA Online Savings account.Was this helpful?
How many withdrawals can I make from my IRA Online Savings Account each month?
You can make up to 6 withdrawals and transfers per month.
The limit is set by federal law for most electronic/ telephone/ check transactions from all U.S. savings and money market accounts. Please remember, you will be charged a $10 fee for each transaction after 6. If you exceed the transaction too many times, we may close your IRA Online Savings Account.
Please consult your tax professional for details on IRA distributions or withdrawals.Was this helpful?
Still have questions? Visit our Help Center
Select the form you need from the list below.
All IRA Plans
Traditional & SEP IRA PlansTraditional-SEP IRA Application
Traditional-SEP IRA Direct Rollover Request
Traditional-SEP IRA Distribution Request
Traditional-SEP IRA Required Distribution
Traditional-SEP IRA Rollover Election
Traditional-SEP IRA Transfer Request
Roth IRA PlansRoth IRA Application
Roth IRA Conversion
Roth IRA Distribution Request
Roth IRA Direct Rollover-Conversion
Roth IRA Rollover Election
Roth IRA Transfer Request