Our Online & Mobile Security Guarantee for Ally Bank
At Ally Bank, we want you to be safe and secure when you bank with us online or on your mobile device.
We guarantee that you will not be liable for any unauthorized Online or Mobile Banking transaction as long as you report the unauthorized transaction by calling us at (877) 247-2559 within 60 days from when your statement is made available.
How We Protect You
To protect you, only those employees, agents and contractors who need your information to do their jobs have access to what you provide us. We also give you information that can help you keep your personal information safe. See How to Protect Yourself Online.
Here are some examples on how we protect you online:
- We use Anti-virus protection to help us detect and prevent viruses.
- Our Firewalls help block unauthorized access by individuals or networks.
- This site’s Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption creates a secure connection with your browser when you login, or fill out an application, or register in online services. This protects your information from being intercepted.
- We don’t and will not share your usernames and passwords with anyone—and we strongly recommend you don’t share them either.
- We automatically log you out of your secure session after a period of inactivity to help protect against others seeing or using your online accounts.
- We monitor activities for potential fraud.
- For our online banking customers – be confident that all your transactions are protected by our Online Banking Security Guarantee.
- To protect our online banking customers from malicious software we provide free anti-malware software. To get this software, log in to your Ally Bank account and go to the Security Center.
We also provide tips on how you can help keep your personal information safe. See How to Protect Yourself Online.