Ask a question
Auto Pay & Direct Pay FAQs
What's the difference between Auto Pay and Direct Pay?
Auto Pay lets you automatically withdraw monthly payments from your designated checking or savings account on the same day each month. There's no charge for this service:
- Save time and money; you don't have to write and mail checks each month
- Set up Auto Pay for each of your accounts if you have more than one
- Go online and view or change your Auto Pay payment amount or payment date – up to 10 days past your original due date. Note: This will not change your due date, and late charges may apply
- Select your statement preference and enroll in online billing statements to receive monthly email notifications
- View your future monthly deductions by selecting Pending Payments
- We'll send you an email when your payments are applied or to confirm any changes you made to your Auto Pay payment date, amount, or bank account
Direct Pay is also an automatic payment program with no fees:
Was this helpful?
- Payments are automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account on your due date only when an amount is due (unless you elect to pay ahead and have your deductions continue on your due date each month)
- You won't receive monthly billing statements, but you can view payments that have been applied to your account by selecting Payment History after logging in to Ally Auto Online Services. Note: You won't be able to view pending payments for future monthly deductions
- Online Services customers receive an email after payments are applied
Can I make extra payments while on Auto Pay?
Yes, to make extra payments:
- Log in to Ally Auto Online Services
- From the My Vehicles page, select Make a Payment
- Select the desired account, date and amount
- Verify and authorize your payment.
You can also use Ally Auto Mobile Pay and follow the instructions to complete your payment.Was this helpful?
Can I pay ahead or make extra payments online while on Direct Pay?
We cannot accept additional payments online from Direct Pay customers. If you would like to make extra payments online, you will need to cancel Direct Pay and enroll in Auto Pay.
If you would still like to make an extra payment while on Direct Pay, call us at 1-888-925-ALLY (2559) to let us know you’re mailing in additional funds and how you would like those funds applied to your account.Was this helpful?
How can I stop Auto Pay?
- Payments scheduled before 3:00PM ET can be cancelled until 3:00PM ET on the scheduled payment date.
- Payments scheduled after 3:00PM ET and before 6:00PM ET can be cancelled until 6:00PM ET on the day it was scheduled or until 3:00 PM ET on the scheduled payment date.
- Payments scheduled after 6:00 PM ET can be cancelled until 3:00PM ET on the scheduled payment date.
Go to Ally Auto Online Services
Select the Edit Auto Pay option from the My Vehicles screen.
Select Cancel Auto Pay
You can also Contact Us to stop Auto Pay.Was this helpful?
How can I stop Direct Pay?
Go to Ally Auto Online Services at least 4 business days before your due date:
- Select the Edit Direct Pay option from the My Vehicles screen
- Select Cancel Direct Pay
You can also Contact Us to stop or suspend Direct Pay. This will cancel all future payments. You'll need to re-enroll if you want to have Direct Pay in the future. Note: If your payment is already in process, you will be unable to cancel Direct Pay.Was this helpful?
What happens if my payment is returned for non-sufficient funds?
If your payment is returned by your financial institution, we will present the payment to your bank again. If the payment is not honored by your bank after the second submission, that payment will be reversed from your account, and you’ll have to submit another payment. We’ll send you a communication, either by U.S. Mail or email, to let you know the payment was returned. Once you have sufficient funds in your payment account, you'll need to resubmit the payment online or via the payment methods listed below.
Send a scheduled payment to:
Payment Processing Center
P.O. Box 9001951
Louisville, KY 40290-1951
Send payment disputes, payments with restrictions or endorsements, or customer service correspondence to:
P.O. Box 380901
Bloomington, MN 55438
Phone: You can choose to make another payment by phone. A third party service fee may apply.
Direct Pay: You can choose to mail a payment, make a payment by phone, or reestablish Direct Pay to make the past due payment.Was this helpful?
How do I enroll or make changes to Auto Pay?
Log in to Ally Auto Online Services:
- From the My Vehicles page, select the account you want to enroll in Auto Pay
- Select Enroll in Auto Pay or Edit Auto Pay from My Vehicles
- Enter new bank account type (checking or savings), routing number and account number
- Choose the desired date and amount
- Review and authorize Auto Pay enrollment or changes
If you’re currently enrolled in Direct Pay, you must cancel Direct Pay before enrolling in Auto Pay.Was this helpful?
When will my Auto Pay payment be applied to my vehicle account?
You can go online and schedule the day you want us to withdraw your monthly payment. If your automatic payment deduction falls on a weekend, holiday, or at the end of a shorter month, your payment will be deducted on the next business day.Was this helpful?
If I'm enrolled in Direct Pay, can I enroll in Auto Pay?
Yes, all you have to do is:
- Log in to Ally Auto Online Services
- Cancel Direct Pay from Edit Direct Pay
- Select Enroll in Auto Pay and enter the requested information
- We'll confirm enrollment online and by email
Note: Follow these instructions, only if you want to change your payment dates and amounts, schedule additional payments, or receive statements.Was this helpful?
My business uses Auto Pay or Direct Pay. Can we sign up for monthly consolidated billing statements?
No. You cannot get a consolidated billing statement if you are enrolled in Auto Pay or Direct Pay. All accounts must have the same payment due date to be included in a consolidated billing statement, and payments must be made for the total amount of the bill. Contact Us for additional details.Was this helpful?