Features Interest Checking done right
- No monthly maintenance fees
- No minimum balance to open
- 24/7 live customer care - talk to a real person
- No ATM fees from Ally, nationwide. Find ATMs
- Deposit checks remotely with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Send someone money with Popmoney®
- Protect your legacy. Open this account for a Trust. Learn more
Want to know more? Download our Straight Talk Product Guide
Everything you need and want from a bank
Send money the simple way
Popmoney lets you send money using an email address, mobile phone number or bank account information.
Rates Get more for your money
We offer rates that are consistently competitive.
See how we compare
Estimate your earnings
|Annual Percentage Yield||Estimated Earnings for 1 Year||Estimated Total Savings|
What we're showing you
Our Annual Percentage Yields (APYs) is accurate as of 10/20/2014 . Keep in mind, these rates are variable and may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.
Fees No surprises
Everyday services and transactions are free with Ally:
- Monthly maintenance fees $0
- ACH transfers to your non-Ally account $0
- Overdraft transfer service $0
- Debit Master Card® $0
The following services and transactions are available for a fee:
Up to 1% of the transaction
Outgoing wires (domestic only)
$25.00 per hour
Ally Bank It's good to be different
We're an online bank, which means we don't have physical bank locations. By eliminating the costs associated with traditional brick-and-mortar banks, we can offer great rates and outstanding customer care.
With Ally Bank, you get everything you expect from a traditional bank and more:
- Peace of mind. No hidden fees. No maintenance fees. No minimum balance required
- Make deposits. Deposit checks with Ally eCheck Deposit℠ or ACH transfers
- Move money. Transfer funds between your Ally and non-Ally accounts, and pay anyone with PopMoney
- Get cash. Use any ATM nationwide at no charge from Ally, and we reimburse other banks' ATM fees. Find an ATM
- Keep track. Access your account anytime, anywhere with Ally Online & Mobile Banking
- Pay bills. Set up one-time or recurring payments, paid directly from your checking account
Learn more about the benefits and conveniences of Ally Bank.
Live customer care
Use any ATM nationwide with no fee from Ally.
We reimburse other banks ATM fees
"Best Online Bank" 3 Years in a Row
MONEY® Magazine 2011, 2012, 2013
Customer Reviews Don't just take our word for it
FAQs We have answers
Can I deposit cash?
No. We don't accept cash deposits. However, there are several ways you can make a deposit into your account.
Was this helpful?
- Remote check deposit with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Online transfers and direct deposit
- Wire transfers and mail
How will I add money to my Interest Checking Account?
There are six ways to add money to your account:
Was this helpful?
- Move funds online between Ally accounts
- Transfer funds between your Ally and non-Ally accounts
- Deposit a check with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Use direct deposit to set up your paycheck or Social Security deposits. Download form
- Wire transfer
- Checks sent by U.S. mail (Please don't send cash)
When will I receive my new debit card or checks?
Your free debit card and initial check order will arrive in the mail within 10 business days after we receive your opening deposit. If you re-order free Ally standard checks we'll send you a secure email asking you to confirm your address. Once your address is confirmed, your checks should arrive in 10 business days.Was this helpful?
How can I access the money in my Interest Checking Account?
Access your account, make payments, or move your money from your computer or mobile device. You can also:
Was this helpful?
Use a debit card or checks for purchases and payments
Make payments using free Online Bill Pay
Get cash back when you shop with your debit card
Get cash from an ATM (To find a nearby ATM, use the Ally ATM & Cash Locator)
Transfer money between your Ally accounts
Transfer money from your Ally accounts to non-Ally accounts
Call us to obtain a cashier's check or for a wire transfer
How long do online transfers take?
Between Ally Bank accounts: Transfers between your Ally Bank accounts take place immediately.
Between Ally Bank and non-Ally Bank accounts: Transfers from an Ally Bank account to a non-Ally Bank account usually take 3 business days.
To see how long your transfer will take to show up in your bank account, view our ACH Transfers Tutorial.Was this helpful?
Still have questions? Visit our Help Center