It's always good to have options.
Sign up for an Ally account with no minimum opening deposit and when you’re ready to start earning great rates, funding your account is easy.
Deposit checks remotely with Ally eCheck DepositSM
- Make deposits whenever and wherever you want
- Take a picture of your check using the Ally Mobile Banking app on your mobile device
- Scan and submit your check's image from your computer with Ally Online Banking
Online Transfers and Direct Deposit
You can transfer funds at any time using your computer or mobile device.
- Move funds between your Ally accounts for free
- Make free online transfers between your Ally and non-Ally accounts
- Use the direct deposit form to set up your paycheck or Social Security deposits
Wire Transfers and Mail
- Use a wire transfer — we won’t charge you to wire funds in, but check with your other bank for any fees they may charge to wire funds out
- Send a check using free postage-paid envelopes available through Online Banking
Already have an Ally account?
Frequently asked questions
How many deposits can I make each month?
Make as many deposits as you want into these accounts:
- Money Market
- Online Savings
- Interest Checking
You can make an initial funding deposit into a certificate of deposit (CD) but you can’t add more money until maturity. Additional funds can be added at maturity and during the grace period.
Can I deposit cash?Sorry, but we don’t accept cash deposits.
Which Ally accounts can I use with Ally eCheck DepositSM?
You can make deposits into your:
- Ally Interest Checking Account
- Ally Online Savings Account
- Ally Money Market Account
- Ally CD, if you haven't funded it yet (please check our daily deposit limits in the Ally Deposit Agreement)
When are deposits made with Ally eCheck DepositSM posted to my account?Ally eCheck Deposits made online before 4 pm ET Monday through Friday will post that evening. Ally eCheck Deposits made after 4 pm ET Monday through Friday will post the evening of the next business day. Please see our funds availability schedule in the Ally eCheck Deposit section of the Ally Deposit Agreement for more details.
How long do online transfers take?
Between Ally accounts
Between a non-Ally and an Ally account
3 business days