It's always good to have options.
Sign up for an Ally account with no minimum opening deposit and when you’re ready to start earning great rates, funding your account is easy.
Deposit checks remotely with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
Whether you're at home or on the road, you can deposit checks safely and securely at any time.
Online Transfers and Direct Deposit
You can transfer funds at any time using your computer or mobile device.
- Move funds between your Ally accounts for free
- Make free online transfers between your Ally and non-Ally accounts
- Use the direct deposit form to set up your paycheck or Social Security deposits
Wire Transfers and Mail
- Use a wire transfer – we won’t charge you to wire funds in, but check with your other bank for any fees they may charge to wire funds out
- Send a check using free postage-paid envelopes available through Online Banking
Already have an Ally account?
Frequently asked questions
How many deposits can I make each month?
Make as many deposits as you want into these accounts:
- Money Market
- Online Savings
- Interest Checking
You can make an initial funding deposit into a CD, but you can't add more money until maturity. You can add additional funds at maturity and during the grace period.
Note: You may deposit up to $10,000 per day or $25,000 every 30 days using Ally eCheck Deposit℠.Was this helpful?
Can I deposit cash?
No. We don't accept cash deposits. However, there are several ways you can make a deposit into your account.
Was this helpful?
- Remote check deposit with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Online transfers and direct deposit
- Wire transfers and mail
Which Ally accounts can I use with Ally eCheck Deposit℠?
You can make deposits into your:
Was this helpful?
- Ally Interest Checking Account
- Ally Online Savings Account
- Ally Money Market Account
- Ally CD, if you haven't funded it yet (please check our daily deposit limits in the Ally Deposit Agreement)
When are deposits made with Ally eCheck Deposit℠ posted to my account?
Ally eCheck Deposits made online before 4 pm ET Monday through Friday will post that evening. Ally eCheck Deposits made after 4 pm ET Monday through Friday will post the evening of the next business day. Please see our funds availability schedule in the Ally eCheck Deposit section of the Ally Deposit Agreement for more details.Was this helpful?
How long do online transfers take?
Between Ally Bank accounts: Transfers between your Ally Bank accounts take place immediately.
Between Ally Bank and non-Ally Bank accounts: Transfers from an Ally Bank account to a non-Ally Bank account usually take 3 business days.
To see how long your transfer will take to show up in your bank account, view our ACH Transfers Tutorial.Was this helpful?