Help Center

Dealership Inventory Insurance FAQs

  • Is it false pretense if a buyer gives me a check that is returned for non-sufficient funds?

    No.  If the check is written on an open account, the acceptance of a non-sufficient funds (nsf) check, and any resulting loss, is not false pretense. 

    If, however, the check is written on a closed checking account, it could be considered a false pretense loss.

  • If I move vehicles to a temporary location such as a mall or a golf course, do I need to notify you? Will the vehicles be covered?

    As long as the vehicles remain in the United States, its territories or possessions, Puerto Rico or Canada, they are covered regardless of where they are. If the location is temporary, there is no need to notify us.

    If the location is or will become permanent, however, we recommend you notify us.

  • Can I get credits for making security improvements at my dealership?

    Usually, credits are available for substantive improvements. Contact customer service to further discuss their availability.

  • How do I report a claim?

    If you are located in the U.S., report claims by telephone or fax to the National Property Claim Center (NPCC).

    The toll free number is 1-800-225-5642, Mon-Fri, 8:30 am - 5 pm ET. 

    The toll free fax number is 1-800-337-9264.

  • Where can I get a claim form?

    Claim forms vary by state in the U.S. You can get copies for your state by contacting us at 1-800-729-4622 (option#4), Mon-Fri, 8 am – 5 pm ET, or the National Property Claim Center at 1-800-225-5642, Mon-Fri, 8:30 am – 5 pm ET.

  • Where can I send written correspondence?

    All written correspondence can be sent to:

    National Property Claim Center
    P.O. Box 105706
    Atlanta, GA 30348-9623
  • Where do I send express mail packages and overnight mail?

    All express mail packages and overnight mail should be sent to: 

    National Property Claim Center
    1000 Abernathy Road
    Building 400, Suite 275
    Atlanta, GA 30328

  • Are economic loss payments available for comprehensive losses?

    No. Economic loss payments are made in connection with collision losses with one exception: if a new vehicle is stolen and recovered with no other damage except additional miles added to the odometer, economic loss would be paid for the additional miles.

  • Why do I have to separate my inventory from my demos and shop vehicles in regard to my insurance coverage?

    Demos and shop vehicles are driven regularly or daily, so they are subject to more risk. Many companies develop an average rate to cover all vehicles, but our program charges are based on the exact number and value of the specific vehicles that are demos and shop vehicles, so we can give you a tailored rate.

  • Are real demonstration rides covered?

    Yes, demonstration rides by potential buyers, or test drives, are covered. The policy covers any insured vehicle, regardless of its classification.

  • If I make improvements to my dealership's security, will you reduce my insurance charges?

    A reduction might occur; however, any credit must be approved by the underwriting department. If prior losses can be reduced or eliminated by the change, it is probable that some credit can be given.

  • In a catastrophic loss - one that results from hail or flood for example - are estimates based on a sampling or averaging of damaged vehicles?

    No. An individual estimate is completed on every vehicle damaged in a loss.