Simple transfers. What's not to love?
Transfers — move money between accounts
It's fast, easy, and safe for you to move money around.
- Move funds between Ally accounts
- Transfer funds between your Ally account and your accounts at other banks
- Schedule one-time and recurring transfers up to a year in advance
- Make transfers between your Ally accounts while you're on the go with Mobile Banking
Popmoney — pay other people online
Popmoney® is a simple way to pay other people, anytime. It's faster than paying by check and you can pay just about anyone.
- Send money to your friends and family — it's as simple as sending a text or email
- Use an email address or phone number — no need to share bank account info
- Get Popmoney for free with Online Banking
3. That's it — scratch that off your to-do list
Your friend will get a text or email to go to popmoney.com/ally and follow the easy steps to deposit the money online.
If you used their bank account info, the payment will be automatically deposited.
1. This year, your aunt sent your birthday money through Popmoney
If your aunt used your email address or mobile phone number, you get a message letting you know you have a payment waiting in Popmoney.
If your aunt used your Ally account info, the payment will be automatically deposited — you don't need to do anything else.
3. That's it — don't spend it all in one place
As simple as that was, next time it will be even easier! Just have future Popmoney payments sent automatically to the same account.
Already have an Ally account?
Call us 24/7 at 1-877-247-ALLY (2559) to set up your online access.
Frequently asked questions
How long do online transfers take?
Between Ally accounts
Between a non-Ally and an Ally account
3 business days
Can I set up recurring and scheduled transfers?
Yes. You can set up a scheduled or recurring transfer. Simply log in at allybank.com and go to Transfer Funds. Specify the amount of the transfer, the date range, and the frequency of transfer. We'll take care of the rest.
You can also schedule one-time transfers between your Ally Bank accounts from your web-enabled smartphone, either by logging into our Mobile Banking site—m.allybank.com—or downloading our Mobile Banking app for iPhone® or AndroidTM.
You'll be able to review all your transfers online or from your mobile phone.
How does Popmoney® work?
All you need to get started is an Ally checking, savings or money market account. Once you're enrolled in Online Banking, you already have access to Popmoney.
- Log in at ally.com and go to Transfer Funds > Other People. Schedule one-time or recurring payments to friends and family who have a U.S. bank account, or check on any pending Popmoney payments someone else might be sending you.
- Use an email address or mobile phone number, or bank account information to send and receive money.
- Email address or mobile phone: If you're sending money, enter the recipient's email address or mobile phone number. If you're receiving money, you'll receive an email or text telling you someone has sent you a payment. If this is your first time receiving a payment using Popmoney, you'll be directed to popmoney.com/ally to get instructions on how to deposit the money.
If the sender used your mobile number and you haven't deposited the money in 3 days, you'll get a reminder by text. Standard message and data rates may apply.
- Bank account information (through your routing and account number): The money will be directly deposited into the recipient's bank account. The sender may notify the recipient personally by email but isn't required to do so.
How is Popmoney® different from other payments services like PayPal®?
Unlike other payments services, Popmoney is offered by banks. No need for a separate account.
Just log in to your online bank account to:
- Send money securely from your Ally checking, savings or money market account
- Receive money securely into your Ally checking, savings or money market account
- Track all payment activity
Is Popmoney® secure?
Yes, Popmoney is secure. We are serious about protecting your personal information.
Be confident that all your transactions are protected by our Online Banking Guarantee.
How will I know if someone has sent me money using Popmoney®?
You will receive a payment notification by text or email.
Email address: You will receive an email with instructions on how to collect the payment. If this is your first time using Popmoney, you will be directed to popmoney.com/ally.
Mobile phone: You will receive a text message on the sender's behalf with instructions on how to collect the payment. If you don't act within 3 days, you will receive a text message reminding you of the payment. Standard message and data rates may apply.
Bank account information (through your routing and account number): The money will be directly deposited into your bank account. The sender may notify you by sending you an email but isn't required to do so.