It's always good to have options.
Sign up for an Ally Bank account with no minimum opening deposit, and when you’re ready to start earning great rates, funding your account is easy.
Deposit checks remotely with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
Whether you're at home or on the road, you can deposit checks safely and securely at any time.
Online Transfers and Direct Deposit
You can transfer funds at any time using your computer or mobile device.
- Move funds between your Ally Bank accounts for free
- Make free online transfers between your Ally Bank and non-Ally Bank accounts
- Use the direct deposit form to set up your paycheck or Social Security deposits
Wire Transfers and Mail
- Use a wire transfer – we won’t charge you to wire funds in, but check with your other bank for any fees they may charge to wire funds out
- Send a check using free postage-paid envelopes available through online banking
Already have an Ally Bank account?
Frequently asked questions
How many deposits can I make each month?
Make as many deposits as you want into these accounts:
- Money Market
- Online Savings
- Interest Checking
You can make an initial funding deposit into a CD, but you can't add more money until maturity. You can add additional funds at maturity and during the grace period.
Note: You may deposit up to $50,000 per day or $250,000 every 30 days using Ally eCheck Deposit℠.Was this helpful?
Can I deposit cash?
No. We don't accept cash deposits. However, there are several ways you can make a deposit into your account.
Was this helpful?
- Remote check deposit with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Online transfers and direct deposit
- Wire transfers and mail
Which Ally accounts can I use with Ally eCheck Deposit℠?
You can make deposits into your:
Was this helpful?
- Ally Interest Checking Account
- Ally Online Savings Account
- Ally Money Market Account
- Ally CD, if you haven't funded it yet (please check our daily deposit limits in the Ally Deposit Agreement)
When will my Ally eCheck Deposit℠ be available?
Ally eCheck Deposits made online before 4 pm ET Monday through Friday will post that evening, and you'll see it on the next business day. For example, if you deposit a check at 3:30 pm ET on Thursday, you'll see it in your account on Friday (provided it is a business day and not a holiday).
Ally eCheck Deposits made online after 4 pm ET Monday through Friday will post the evening of the next business day, and you'll see it on the 2nd business day. For example, if you deposit a check at 4:30 pm ET on Thursday, you'll see it in your account on Monday (provided it is a business day and not a holiday).
Checks over $5,000 are subject to the following availability schedule:
- The first $200 will be available the next business day
- $4,800 will be available the 2nd business day
- Amounts over $5,000 may not be available until the 5th business day
We may hold funds up to 5 business days if you have repeated overdrafts, returned items or you have overdrawn your account in the last 6 months.
Please see our funds availability schedule in the Ally eCheck Deposit section of the Ally Deposit Agreement (PDF) for more details.Was this helpful?
How long do online transfers take?
Between Ally Bank accounts: Transfers between your Ally Bank accounts take place immediately.
Between Ally Bank and non-Ally Bank accounts: Transfers from an Ally Bank account to a non-Ally Bank account usually take 3 business days.
To see how long your transfer will take to show up in your bank account, view our ACH Transfers Tutorial.Was this helpful?