We are Ally Financial
A leading auto services company powered by a top direct bank with a unique customer approach.
Our history began in 1919. Our job then, was the same as it is today: to fuel the auto industry with financing to help dealers build their businesses, to support vehicle manufacturers with innovative sales programs, and to provide financing to customers who wish to buy or lease a vehicle.
As the decades passed, we added more products and services. In 2006, we began our transition from a captive auto finance company to an independent financial services provider.
In 2009, we took the market in a new direction with our direct bank, Ally Bank (Member FDIC). We've been consistently recognized with awards, including the 2012 MONEY® Magazine's Best Online Bank, Best Savings Account and Best One-Year CD. Our bank offers a full suite of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking.
Today, we're proud to:
- Be one of the top automotive service companies in the U.S.
- Have financed more than 1.5 million vehicles to U.S. consumers through more than 14,000 dealers in 2011
- Serve more than 1 million customer accounts at Ally Bank
Our businesses include auto financing for customers and dealers, insurance, direct banking and commercial financing. All are committed to the principle that being an ally is more than our name, it's our promise.
Some facts about Ally
- We extended $40 billion in credit to U.S. auto customers in 2011
- Since our founding, Ally has financed more than 170 million vehicles
- The company has provided more than 20,000 people with basic financial education through our Wallet Wise program since its launch in 2011