Features Make your savings work for you
- No minimum deposit to open
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Earn a higher rate than traditional savings accounts
- Deposit checks remotely with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Grow your money faster with interest compounded daily
- Your deposits are insured by the FDIC up to the maximum allowed by law. Maximize your coverage
- Protect your legacy. Open this account for a Trust. Learn more
Want to know more? Download our Straight Talk Product Guide
Managing your account is easy
Simple transfers. What's not to love?
It's fast, easy and safe for you to move money using Ally Online or Mobile Banking.
- Move funds between your Ally accounts
- Transfer funds between your Ally and non-Ally accounts
- Schedule transfers up to a year in advance
Rates Get more for your money
We offer rates that are consistently competitive.
See how we compare
Estimate your earnings
|Annual Percentage Yield||Estimated Earnings for 1 Year||Estimated Total Savings|
What we're showing you
Our Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of 9/18/2014 . Keep in mind, this rate is variable and may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.
Fees No hidden fees
The most common services and transactions are free with Ally.
- Monthly maintenance fees $0
- ACH transfers to your non-Ally account $0
- Statement copies online $0
- Unlimited deposits $0
- Incoming wires (domestic & international) $0
- Postage-paid deposit envelopes $0
- Official / cashier's checks $0
The following services and transactions are available for a fee:
|$10.00 per transaction|
|Outgoing wires (domestic only)||$20.00|
|Account research fee||$25.00 per hour|
Ally Bank It's good to be different
We’re an online bank, which means we don't have physical bank locations. By eliminating the costs associated with traditional brick-and-mortar banks, we can offer great rates and outstanding customer care.
With Ally Bank, you get everything you expect from a traditional bank and more:
- Peace of mind. No hidden fees. No maintenance fees. No minimum balance required
- Make deposits. Deposit checks with Ally eCheck Deposit℠ or ACH transfers
- Keep track. Access your account anytime, anywhere with Ally Online & Mobile Banking
Learn more about the benefits and conveniences of Ally Bank.
Live customer care
"Best Online Bank" 3 Years in a Row
MONEY® Magazine 2011, 2012, 2013
Customer Reviews Don't just take our word for it
FAQs We have answers
Can I deposit cash?
No. We don't accept cash deposits. However, there are several ways you can make a deposit into your account.
Was this helpful?
- Remote check deposit with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Online transfers and direct deposit
- Wire transfers and mail
How do I add money to my account?
There are several ways you can add money to your account:
Was this helpful?
- Transfer funds between your Ally Bank accounts
- Transfer funds between your Ally Bank and non-Ally Bank accounts
- Remotely deposit checks with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Set up direct deposit (PDF)
- Send a wire transfer (PDF)
Mail checks to:
P.O. Box 13625
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3625
Make sure checks are properly endorsed on the back with "For Deposit Only" and the signatures of all payees. Please don't send cash.
How do I make a withdrawal from my Online Savings Account?
You can withdraw money in 4 ways:
- Online funds transfer
- Outgoing wire transfer
- Telephone transfer
- Check request
You should know that there are a few guidelines to these transactions:
You can always call us and request a check made out to you. You can also make unlimited deposits. But, Federal law limits other electronic, telephone and check transactions to a total of 6 per statement cycle. These limited transactions can be to other accounts or to a third party. If you go over the limit we charge $10 per transaction.Was this helpful?
How many withdrawals can I make from my Online Savings Account each month?
You can make six withdrawals and transfers per statement cycle from your Online Savings Account. The limit is set by federal law for electronic and telephone transactions from all U.S. savings and money market accounts. Please remember, you will be charged a $10 fee for each transaction that exceeds this limit.Was this helpful?
What is the difference between an Online Savings Account and Money Market Account?
The main difference is in how you access your money. A money market account gives you more access because you can be issued a Visa® Debit Card and checks for these accounts. An online savings account does not support the use of checks and does not come with a debit card.
It's important to note that there are Federal limits on transactions from U.S. savings and money market accounts.
You can always call us and request a check made out to you. You can also make unlimited deposits and ATM withdrawals. But, Federal law limits other electronic, telephone and check transactions to a total of 6 per statement cycle. These limited transactions can be to other accounts or to a third party. If you go over the limit we charge $10 per transaction.Was this helpful?
Still have questions? Visit our Help Center