We are Ally Financial
A leading auto services company powered by a top online bank with a unique customer approach.
Our history began in 1919. Our job then, was the same as it is today: to fuel the auto industry with financing to help dealers build their businesses, to support vehicle manufacturers with innovative sales programs, and to provide financing to customers who wish to buy or lease a vehicle.
As the decades passed, we added more products and services. In 2006, we began our transition from a captive auto finance company to an independent financial services provider.
In 2009, we took the market in a new direction with our online bank, Ally Bank (Member FDIC). We've been consistently recognized with awards, including the 2013 MONEY® Magazine's Best Online Bank and Best Checking Account. Our bank offers a full suite of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking.
Today, we're proud to:
- Be one of the top automotive service companies in the U.S.
- Have financed nearly 1.4 million vehicles (1 of every 18 new vehicles financed in the U.S.) through more than 15,000 dealers in 2013
- Serve more than 784,000 customers at Ally Bank
Our businesses include auto financing for customers and dealers, insurance, online banking, and commercial financing. At Ally, our purpose is to be a better financial services company — customer driven to the core.
Some facts about Ally
- We extended nearly $37 billion in credit to U.S. auto customers in 2013
- Since our founding, Ally has financed more than 170 million vehicles
- The company provided nearly 19,000 people with basic financial education through our Wallet Wise program in 2013