Ally search isn’t available right now.
We’ll have things back up as soon as possible. Please check back later or contact us.
We didn't find any matches for “”, but we did find:
Results for “”
We didn't find any matches for “”
- Check for incorrect spelling
- Use different keywords
- Try typing a complete question like “How do I order checks?”
If you still can't find what you're looking for, please contact us.
Opening an Account FAQs
Visit our rates page or select the Rates tab on any of our product pages.
Opening an Ally Bank account online is simple. Go to the product page for the type of account you want to open (Interest Checking, Online Savings, CD, Money Market or IRA) and select Open Account. Then, enter your personal information and choose the terms and funding options you prefer. You’ll receive an email once your application is approved.
To apply over the phone, call us 24/7 at 1-877-247-2559.
To apply by mail, download an application from our forms section and mail it to the address on the application.
There are four ways to fund your new account:
- Online transfers: Log in to your account online at ally.com or on the Ally Mobile App. You can transfer money from another Ally account or an account you have at another institution. Select Transfers to get started.
To add a new account from another institution, go to Transfers and select Other Accounts.
- Ally eCheck Deposit℠: You can deposit a check in the Ally Mobile App with your phone’s camera, or scan and submit an image of your check at ally.com.
Make sure each check is properly endorsed with signatures of all payees. Also write For Mobile Deposit Only on the back.
- Wire transfer: If you would like to transfer funds from an account you have at another institution, log in to your account at ally.com, select Transfers and then Receive a Wire.
- Mail your check: Make sure each check is properly endorsed with signatures of all payees. Also write your account number and For Deposit Only on the back. Be sure to seal the envelope properly and mail it to us at:
P.O. Box 13625
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3625
We don’t accept cash.
Contact TransUnion at 1-888-909-8872 to request a Federal Lift. After TransUnion lifts the freeze, you will need to notify Ally Bank at 1-877-247-2559. Your credit freeze will need to be lifted before you are able to open an Ally Bank account. Lifting a credit freeze is free of charge.
Even though Ally Bank doesn't offer subaccounts, it's easy to open multiple accounts to organize your savings goals. When you create separate accounts you can give them nicknames like 'New Car' or 'Hawaii Vacation'. That way every time you log in you'll see how close you are to meeting your goal.
Just follow a few simple steps to get started.
- Open a new account for each savings goal
- Nickname the accounts to label your savings
- Set up recurring transfers or add to your savings when you want to
- Manage all your Ally Bank accounts in one place with online banking
Yes. Once you've opened and funded an account with us, you're good to go.
To get started with Online and Mobile Banking, you can either create a username and password online when you first open your account, or give us a call at 1-877-247-2559 and we’ll help you set it up.
It's a card you sign when you open an account at any bank, including Ally. It identifies you as the owner of the account and allows your bank to conduct everyday banking business for you. Federal law requires banks to verify the identity of anyone who opens an account and to keep that information on file. A signature card helps fulfill these requirements, so we keep one signature card on file for each customer.
We only need one signature card for each customer no matter how many accounts the customer has with us.
Federal law requires that we have a signature card for each authorized signer of an account.
If for any reason we don't have a signature card for you, we're required by federal law to withhold taxes on the interest earned on each of your accounts. You have 60 days to sign your card before we start withholding taxes (backup withholding), and we cannot stop withholding until we have a card on file for you. We want to help, so we send out regular reminders letting you know your 60 days are almost up and that we don't have a card on file for you.
Once a minor reaches the age of majority in their state, control of the funds must be transferred to the minor.
See what we'll need from the former minor and custodian to make that happen, and what to expect along the way.
To access your accounts online, we require your consent to send and receive your account information electronically.
Once you provide your consent, you can bank with Ally Bank online and:
- Manage your accounts with free online banking
- Make deposits using Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Pay your bills online with free online Bill Pay
- Make easy payments to almost anyone in the U.S. with Zelle®
- Access Mobile Banking
- Get Account Alerts and Notifications
If you provide your consent and decide to withdraw it later, you can call us any time to do so, at no charge. If you choose to withdraw consent, you'll lose access to online banking services.
- Select Open an Account on ally.com
- On the Open an Account page, select I've already started an application
- Enter your Application ID and Application password that was emailed to you
If you're having problems, please call us at 1-877-247-2559.
Like most banks, we look at your credit information to:
- Verify your identity
- Protect you from online fraud
- Comply with federal regulations
This won't impact your credit score.
To open an account with Ally Bank or Ally Invest:
- You have to be a citizen or a legal permanent resident of the United States
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a Social Security number to open an Ally Invest account
- For bank accounts, you can use your Social Security number or your Taxpayer Identification number
- You need a U.S. street address
We don't open accounts for non-resident aliens.