Customer Benefits & Support

Already signed up for additional

Congratulations – you’re covered.

Roadside Assistance:


Need help now?

For questions about claims, call


Protection Beyond Your Warranty

If you signed up for Ally Premier Protection when you financed your vehicle, you’ve secured protection that goes above and beyond your vehicle’s warranty.

What Your Vehicle Service Contract Covers

Your Ally Premier Protection vehicle service contract covers the cost of most vehicle repairs and may also include additional benefits that your manufacturer warranty doesn’t cover, such as towing, roadside assistance, rental car compensation and trip interruption reimbursement.

Not sure what your plan covers?

Review the Ally Premier Protection plan coverages here.

Additional Benefits of Ally Premier Protection

Vehicle Repairs

Vehicle Repairs

Need repair work done? Bring your vehicle to any licensed repair shop in the U.S. or Canada and tell the service advisor what level of Ally Premier Protection you have. Our representatives will work with the service advisor to determine whether the repairs are covered under your plan.

Disabled Vehicles

If your vehicle breaks down, arrange for it to be taken to a licensed repair facility. Make sure to inform the service advisor of your level of Ally Premier Protection coverage.

A few things to keep in mind:

  • Once the mechanic determines the repairs needed, we can approve a rental vehicle as long as the repair meets the qualifications of your Major Guard or Value Guard contract. Keep in mind that Basic Guard coverage does not include rental reimbursement.
  • If our call center is closed or you can’t get in touch with a service representative, your mechanic can proceed with any repairs and call us within 5 days for approval.
  • Keep in mind that depending on your contract, you may have to pay a deductible for repairs.


If you decide to sell your vehicle, you can easily transfer your vehicle service contract to the new owner by filling out the transfer form and paying the administrative fee. Be sure to give your buyer any maintenance records you kept.


To cancel your vehicle service contract or GAP addendum call us at 1-800-631-5590. If you cancel within 60 days and haven't filed any claims, you can receive a full refund. If you've filed any claims or it's after the 60 days, your refund will be prorated. An administrative fee will also apply if applicable.

GAP Claims

In the event that your vehicle is totaled, simply call us at 1-866-212-1304, Option 1 to start your claim. Your contract will provide specific details on your coverage, but we can help get you started by processing your claim and answering any questions. Keep in mind we’ll also need further documentation to complete the claims process.

Required documentation


Still have questions? Visit our Help Center.

Required Documentation

  • Vehicle Factory Invoice

    A detailed list of features and equipment for your vehicle. Source: Dealership/Lienholder

  • Declarations Page

    Serves as proof of coverage as well as a summary of your current policy. Source: Insurance Company

  • Market Valuation Report

    A Full Insurance Valuation Report showing how the insurance company determined the Actual Cash Value of the vehicle. Must include any options on the vehicle and mileage at the date of loss.
    Source: Insurance Company

  • Settlement Breakdown

    The vehicle’s value at date of loss, taxes, fees and any other adjustments. Source: Insurance Company

  • Settlement Check or Proof of Payment

    Copy of insurance payment to your lienholder. Source: Insurance Company

  • Police Report

    Official police report from responding agency. If a police report is not available, please provide a written Statement of Loss (contact Administrator for form) as well as a letter from the insurance company stating the reason a police report was not filed. Source: Insurance Company

  • GAP Contract/Addendum

    Contract that outlines the protection details for the vehicle. Source: Dealership/ Lienholder

  • Finance Agreement

    Your finance agreement/contract outlines the details of your financing, including monthly payment, finance amount and interest rate. Source: Dealership/ Lienholder

  • Purchase Agreement/Bill of Sale

    A basic sales contract identifying key information such as the buyer and seller, a description of vehicle and the date of sale. Source: Dealership/ Lienholder

  • Cancellation Refund Amounts

    If warranties were purchased, the cancellation of any vehicle service contract, maintenance contract, life insurance, disability insurance. Source: Dealership

  • Payment History

    A transaction history from your lender showing the detailed account history with running balances. Source: Lienholder

  • Payoff Quote

    Payoff amount of the loan as of the day of loss. Source: Lienholder

Ally Premier Protection

Not sure what you're covered for? Check your plan's coverage below

product key

Major Guard®

7400+ Covered Components

This is the ultimate choice if you want to cover the really expensive things like high-tech and luxury components.

Value Guard

2900+ Covered Components

For a robust level of protection while still keeping your budget in mind, choose Value Guard.

Basic Guard

2000+ Covered Components

If you're budget conscious and want only the most essential coverage for your vehicle, consider Basic Guard.

major covered components products
Extra Perks
Major guard, value guard, basic guard
Major guard, value guard, basic guard
Major guard, value guard, basic guard
Front/Rear-Wheeled-Drive Component
Major guard, value guard, basic guard
Fuel Delivery Component
Major guard, value guard, and basic guard
Heating & Air Conditioning Components
Major guard, value guard
Major guard, value guard
Electrical, Computer & Audio Components
Major guard, value guard
Steering Components
Major guard, value guard
Braking System Components
Major guard, value guard
High-Tech Components
Major guard
Safety Components
Major guard
Engine Cooling Component
Major guard