- No monthly maintenance fees
- Earn a higher rate than most savings accounts
- Deposit checks remotely with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
- Grow your money faster with interest compounded daily
- Six transactions limit per statement cycle
Why only 6?
- Your deposits are insured by the FDIC up to the maximum allowed by law. Maximize your coverage
- Protect your legacy. Open this account for a Trust. Learn more
Want to know more? Download our Straight Talk Product Guide
Managing your account is easy
Simple transfers. What's not to love?
It's fast, easy and safe for you to move money with Ally Bank.
- Move funds between your Ally Bank accounts
- Transfer money between Ally Bank and accounts at other institutions
- Schedule transfers up to a year in advance
We offer rates that are consistently competitive.
See how we compare
Estimate your earnings
|Bank||Annual Percentage Yield||Estimated Earnings|
What we're showing you
Our Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of 05/21/2018. Keep in mind, this rate is variable and may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.
The APYs for other banks are provided by mybanktracker.com and are accurate as of 05/18/2018. The APYs in this table are for the state of California.
The most common services and transactions are free with Ally Bank.
- Postage-paid deposit envelopes $0
- Official / cashier's checks$0
- Unlimited deposits $0
The following services and transactions are available for a fee:
We're an online bank, which means we don't have physical bank locations. By eliminating the costs associated with traditional brick-and-mortar banks, we can offer great rates and outstanding customer care.
With Ally Bank, you get everything you expect from a traditional bank and more:
- Peace of mind. No hidden fees. No maintenance fees. No minimum balance required
- Make deposits. Deposit checks with Ally eCheck Deposit℠ or ACH transfers
- Keep track. Access your account anytime, anywhere with online and mobile banking
Learn more about the benefits and conveniences of Ally Bank.
When you want to build a better financial future
Whether you're starting to save or planning for retirement, we offer you the resources and the tools that can help you stay on track in any life stage.
Our Emergency Savings calculator can help you decide how much to put away for those unexpected costs.
Use our Saving for the Future calculator to identify how much to save toward your goals.
Find out if you're on track to reach your retirement goals with our See How You Compare tool
Still have questions? Visit our Help Center.