Ally Invest API Documentation
Build your application to connect to our investment platform and the 250,000 traders connected to it.
API Request Endpoint
Getting Set Up
- Log in to your Ally Invest account
- Go to Investments
- Select Manage Applications
- This part of the site allows you to see all of the applications you have authorized to your account, as well as the applications you have created.
- Select Create a New Application
- This form will create a new application for you to begin development
- Enter each piece of information about the application you'd like to have set up
- The Callback URL is only necessary during the OAuth process and doesn't need to be valid for development
- Once submitted you'll be presented with 4 keys used for authentication into your account (See the OAuth section)
- Consumer Key: the key associated with your application
- Consumer Secret: the key used to sign requests on behalf of your application
- Access Token: the key used to make requests on behalf of your user account
- Access Token Secret: the key used to sign requests on behalf of the user
- That's it. You're ready to start coding.
Any mention of actual symbols are to be used for coding purposes only and do not imply a recommendation or solicitation to buy or sell a particular security or to engage in any particular investment strategy.
At the time of publication and in the preceding month, Ally Invest did not have ownership greater than 1% in any stocks mentioned here and does not have any other actual, material conflict of interest known at the time of publication.
Ally Invest did not receive compensation from a public offering or from investment banking services related to any companies mentioned here within the past 12 months, or expects to receive any in the next 3 months. Ally Invest did not engage in market making in the securities mentioned here.
Ally Invest Securities' background can be found at FINRA's BrokerCheck. Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors.
Review the Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options brochure before you begin trading options. Options investors may lose the entire amount of their investment in a relatively short period of time.