When you return your leased vehicle
See what to do when you return your vehicle – use our Return Vehicle Checklist.
Turn in my vehicle:
- Inspect the vehicle yourself for excess wear before you return it. (Download our Wear Square to help determine extent of damage). If it shows excess wear, you can:
- Arrange to have it repaired.
- Turn it in as-is and have Ally bill you for any excess wear.
- Compare your current mileage against what's allowed on your lease agreement. If your current mileage is greater, you'll have to pay for the excess.
- Contact your DMV to determine if your state requires license plate return at lease end.
- Contact your local GM, Chrysler Group LLC or originating franchised dealer to arrange to turn in your vehicle.
- When you return your vehicle, please also bring all the original equipment, including all keys, keyless entry remotes, DVD player, DVD remote, headphones, third row seats, etc., if applicable.
- While at the dealership, be sure to complete and sign an odometer statement to document current mileage as required by Federal law.
- Contact us to tell us when you returned your vehicle.
Keep my vehicle:
- You will need to pay the purchase option price stated in your lease plus unpaid fees, taxes and any other unpaid amounts due.
- If you need financing, ask your dealer if you qualify for financing through your dealer and Ally.