- Competitive rates
- Grow your money faster with interest compounded daily
- Get the best rate we offer for your CD term with the Ally Ten Day Best Rate Guarantee
- Your deposits are insured by the FDIC up to the maximum allowed by law. Maximize your coverage
- Protect your legacy. Open this account for a Trust. Learn more
Want to know more? Download our Straight Talk Product Guide
Managing your account is easy
Withdraw your full balance and interest any time after the first 6 days of funding your CD.
We offer rates that are consistently competitive.
See how we compare
Estimate your earnings
|Bank||Annual Percentage Yield||Estimated Earnings|
What we're showing you
Our Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of 03/17/2018. The APYs for other banks are provided by mybanktracker.com and are accurate as of 03/16/2018. The APYs in this table are for the state of California.
There are no maintenance fees for the No Penalty CD.
With our No Penalty CD, you will not be charged a penalty for early withdrawal. You can withdraw your full balance and interest any time after the first 6 days following the date you funded the account.
If you decide to renew your CD, don’t do a thing, and we’ll automatically renew it.
We're an online bank, which means we don't have physical bank locations. By eliminating the costs associated with traditional brick-and-mortar banks, we can offer great rates and outstanding customer care.
With Ally Bank, you get everything you expect from a traditional bank and more:
- Peace of mind. No hidden fees. No maintenance fees. No minimum balance required
- Fund your account. It's easy with Ally eCheck Deposit℠ or an ACH transfer
- Keep track. Access your account anytime, anywhere with online and mobile banking
- Ally Ten Day Best Rate Guarantee. When you fund your CD within 10 days of your open date, you'll get the best rate we offer for your term and balance tier if our rate goes up within that time. The Ally Ten Day Best Rate Guarantee also applies at renewal.
- Interest compounded daily. We grow your money faster with interest compounded daily. Many others compound monthly, quarterly, or even annually.
Learn more about the benefits and conveniences of Ally Bank.
Live customer care
When you want to build a better financial future
Whether you're starting to save or planning for retirement, we offer you the resources and the tools that can help you stay on track in any life stage.
Our Emergency Savings calculator can help you decide how much to put away for those unexpected costs.
Use our Saving for the Future calculator to identify how much to save toward your goals.
Find out if you're on track to reach your retirement goals with our See How You Compare tool
Still have questions? Visit our Help Center.